Find out how you can help Havering Mind
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
Completing a two day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Havering Mind offers 2 types of MHFA: Adult and Youth
Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a 2 day course for:
· any adult (16+) who wishes to learn more about mental health issues
· people who, on a personal level, are supporting those with mental health needs
· people who, in the course of their work, are supporting those with mental health needs
· anybody working in the field of mental health
This course will teach you to:
· spot the early signs of a mental health problem
· help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
· feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
· provide help on a first aid basis
· help stop a mental illness from getting worse
· guide someone towards the right support
· help someone recover faster
· reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a 2 day course for those who teach, work, live with or care for young people aged 11 – 18. Although similar to the adult course, it focuses more on the common issues that young people face, including bullying, body image issues and substance misuse. It is also suitable for parents working with their children’s mental health.
The training provides information, tools and techniques to promote a young person’s mental and emotional wellbeing and to enable participants to support a young person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress.
For more information about our MHFA training please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org 457040